- Program Search
- Adult Sports & Youth Sports
- Adventure Guides
- Afterschool Care
- Child Care & Early Learning
- Dance Classes
- Health & Wellness
- Lifeguard Certification
- Martial Arts
- Personal Training
- Senior Programs
- Swimming - Aquatics for Adults
- Swimming - Aquatics for Youth
- Teen Programs
- Triathlon Training
- Youth Programs
- About Us
Adult Sports & Youth Sports
- Basketball and Kinder Hoops - offered Winter & Summer
- Soccer and Kinder Soccer - offered Spring, Summer, & Fall
- Baseball and Tee Ball - offered Spring, Summer, & Fall
- Volleyball - offered Winter, Spring, Summer, & Fall
- Kickball - offered in Summer
- Flag Football - offered Winter, Spring, Summer, & Fall
- Track - offered Winter & Summer
- Cheerleading - offered Winter, Spring, & Summer
- Tennis - offered in Spring, Summer & Fall at Springs YMCA
Check your Branch page for Youth Sports season and registration dates.
- Adult Basketball
- Adult Soccer at Hays Communities
- Co-ed Indoor Soccer at Townlake
- Women's Indoor Soccer at Townlake
- Co-Ed Volleyball at Northwest
- Co-Ed Volleyball at Townlake
- Tennis - offered Spring, Summer & Fall at the Springs Family YMCA
YMCA Youth Sports Philosophy
The YMCA stresses child-oriented attitudes by keeping winning in perspective, having fun, improving physical fitness, and working with the whole child. The YMCA wants the quality of play to improve in order to meet the needs of all participants whatever their ability and skills.
The YMCA accomplishes this by training adult volunteers in clinics and workshops that the child comes first and winning comes second. The key for coaches and parents is to keep winning in perspective. Competition will happen in youth sports without any external pressures. It is important to keep competition at a level appropriate for the athlete. The YMCA would not be whole without its commitment to a Christian emphasis.
The goal of the Youth Sports program is to help the child grow to his/her fullest potential in mind, body, and spirit. Activity helps the body grow; thinking advances the mind; and belief makes our spirit grow.
Please visit the Locations page, click on the branch closest to you, and download the Program Guide for dates and times of your favorite sport.
All Youth Sports leagues are run by the individual facility branches and not by the Program Services Branch.
- East Communities YMCA: Roger Harner 933-9622
- Hays Communities YMCA: Jay Heinrich 523-0099
- Northwest Family YMCA: Josh Huberty 335-9622
- Springs Family YMCA: Ian Manzak 894-3309
- Southwest Family YMCA: Joe McNeeley 891-9622
- TownLake YMCA: Lauren Jackson 542-9622
- North Austin YMCA: Kinny Ochoa 973-9622