- Program Search
- Adult Sports & Youth Sports
- Adventure Guides
- Afterschool Care
- Child Care & Early Learning
- Dance Classes
- Health & Wellness
- Lifeguard Certification
- Martial Arts
- Personal Training
- Senior Programs
- Swimming - Aquatics for Adults
- Swimming - Aquatics for Youth
- Teen Programs
- Triathlon Training
- Youth Programs
- About Us
A number of YMCA of Austin branches are home to Swim Teams that compete with other Ys and swim clubs at area meets.
Workouts include endurance, speed and drill techniques, with a healthy dose of teamwork and sportsmanship.
YMCA Swim League is a competitive program that focuses on the development of all ages and abilities.
- Ages 5-21
- Ability to swim 25 yards continuously
- Youth enrolled in YMCA Swim League must have completed Minnow level or higher, or in Red Cross Lessons Level 3 or higher.
- YMCA members only
Our highly qualified, trained coaches work to improve swimmer's skill level, endurance and to promote a healthy lifestyle. Our program embraces the YMCA core values and promotes progression at an individual level.
Individual teams are organized by ability levels and are designed to help team members improve and refine the four competitive strokes, sets, starts and finishes.
Team Practice: The YMCA Swim League offers up to 3 practice times per week and swimmers are encouraged to attend at least twice weekly.
Swim Meets: Meets are scheduled against other teams in the greater Austin area, typically at other Y's on Saturdays.
ATTIRE & WHAT TO BRING:
- Arrive at practice dressed and ready for the pool
- Clothes, bags & other personal items should be stored in the locker room. Please bring your own lock and leave valuables at home.
- Family-appropriate, clean swimsuit and swim attire is required
- Sandals or flip flops only in pool area
- Towel & goggles