- Program Search
- Adult Sports & Youth Sports
- Adventure Guides
- Afterschool Care
- Child Care & Early Learning
- Dance Classes
- Health & Wellness
- Lifeguard Certification
- Martial Arts
- Personal Training
- Senior Programs
- Swimming - Aquatics for Adults
- Swimming - Aquatics for Youth
- Teen Programs
- Triathlon Training
- Youth Programs
- About Us
YMCA Global Teens
“The world is but a book…and those who do not travel read only one page.”
What are you doing this summer?
YMCA Global Teens is a leadership development and service learning program that engages high school sophomores and juniors in a year-long empowering international experience culminating with a 10 day to 2 1/2 week service abroad experience during July/August.
The program includes deep personal growth & discovery, cultural travel, meaningful service, home stay experiences, and interaction with teens from around the globe.
The need to understand the intricacies and interdependencies of the world's many cultures, communities and nations has never been more important. Beginning in 1996, YMCA Global Teens has provided over 1100 young people with a gained sense of the social issues impacting our world, and given them the opportunity to explore methods for positively contributing to our global community.
This year the YMCA of Austin Global Teens are traveling to the YMCA Europe Festival. Click here to learn about our upcoming adventure. The group is excited about this amazing opportunity to meet thousands of teens from nations across the world.
Want to be a Global Teen?
Steps to Applying:
1) Visit at your local participating YMCA branch with any questions or to learn more; or give the International YMCA a call or send an email. YMCA Global Teens staff include:
- Erin Douglas (Hays Communities Branch): Erin.Douglas@austinymca.org or 523-0099
- Joe McNeeley (Southwest Family Branch): Joe.McNeeley@austinymca.org or 891-9622
- Simon Kim (Metro Office): Simon.Kim@austinymca.org or 322-9622
- Jessica Hendrix (Springs Branch): email@example.com or 894-3309
2) Complete all parts of application packet & submit required forms. Download Application and Download Reference Form.
*2013 Applications have already been processed and accepted. Stay tuned for updates about 2014!
3) Mail in complete application - keep a copy of all documents for your reference. You can send your complete application to us in the following ways:
You may also deliver in person to the address listed above (Mon-Fri, 10am – 6pm)
4) Interview - Once your application is received, we will conduct an interview
5) Acceptance decisions and notification will be made by January 7th. Early application is encouraged.
More Questions? Download FAQs Here and see our timeline, budget, and more!
If you'd like to donate to help send our Global Teens to Prague, click here!